Bryan Gilbert, Awana Commander
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.”
2 Timothy 2:15
In addition to the online form, please PRINT, FILL OUT and BRING signed copy of the registration by clicking below.
Cubbies Director: Denise Gilbert
All Cubbies must be 3 by August 31, 2017 in order to register for Cubbies for the 2017-2018 year.
• Young children can and should receive spiritual training.
• Home is the primary place for spiritual training.
Our preschool program meets these needs through …
Awana is fun with a purpose – to reach and train kids for Jesus Christ. Games, puppets, crafts, awards and other activities transform our preschool program into a lively weekly experience where fun and learning go hand-in-hand.
Immersing Kids in God’s Word
The Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The three handbooks feature:
- Basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible
- A clear and consistent presentation of the gospel message
- An increased emphasis on Scripture memory over our preschool materials.
- In three years, a child will learn and review over 65 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine.
Fun Learning = Results
Sparks club meetings combine learning with fun to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement for churched and unchurched kids alike
Club meetings are divided into three segments:
- Bible teaching, worship, award presentations and the gospel message
- Small group interaction and completion of Bible-based lessons
- Age-appropriate games on the Awana game circle
Along the way, Sparky, the friendly firefly, and his three friends have many exciting adventures. Sparky encourages kids to learn verses and complete assignments throughout the three handbooks.
Truth and Training
T & T Co-Directors – Marty & Pam Lyda
The name Truth & Training reflects the passion of Awana to teach third- through sixth-grade boys and girls the truth of God’s Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives. Our goal is that many of today’s young people will become tomorrow’s church leaders. T&T is the program that trains the leaders of tomorrow — today.
Exciting features to get kids excited about God’s Word
T&T is equipped with a variety of dynamic tools to accomplish this mission:
- Four handbooks of increasing difficulty which teach children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A cast of fun characters that boys and girls learn from and follow on interesting journeys in the handbooks
- Weekly meetings that expose children to the gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards, team-oriented games and gut-busting fun
- A Bible-centered curriculum that helps kids build a firm foundation for their faith, hide God’s Word in their heart and apply the truths of Scripture to their daily lives
- Interactive CDs that use exciting high-tech games to teach and reinforce key biblical truths
Evangelism and discipleship go hand in hand in our third- through sixth-grade program. By the time a child has completed T&T, he/she will have:
- Learned and reviewed approximately 310 verses
- Studied dozens of passages from the Old and New Testament
- Regularly heard and read the gospel message
- Discovered the Bible’s response to questions like “How does God want me to live my life?” and memorized verses to back up these answers
- Completed missions projects that help him/her see the world through God’s eyes.
Come and join in all the fun!
ndly firefly, and his three friends have many exciting adventures. Sparky encourages kids to learn verses and complete assignments throughout the three handbooks.
Trek & Journey
Journey Co-Directors (9-12 Grade) – Todd and Paula Anders
The Trek and Journey Clubs are separate for their classroom time. The groups combine for Game Time.
Our youth face many trials and temptations. We use bible based studies to provide them with the tools they need for the challenges they face. They learn how to apply what they learn to their own lives. Our leaders take their responsibility seriously. They are dedicated to the spiritual growth of our youth.
Scripture memorization is an important part of our Awana program for all ages.
“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Psalm 119:11
Our “Game Time” leaders are dedicated to providing our youth with fun activities to exercise the body. They learn the importance of teamwork while having fun.
We would love to have your youth become a part of our Awana Club.